Having a baby is an exciting and stressful time for couples. There are certain prenatal care choices that must be made. Some of these choices or options include natural and artificial supplements that are beneficial for both the mother and child. Sweet potatoes, salmon, and grains are some food although common, they offer amazing natural benefits. Another food that is less popular but also beneficial during pregnancy is the flower of bananas. The flower of bananas is the connecting section of the fruit called banana, it is deep red in color exactly like red wine and tastes almost like potatoes. This article will discuss eight essential benefits of banana flower during pregnancy. Also, this article will mention three necessary recipes that should be added to the banana flower to ensure that you benefit from it. These benefits include:
- 0.1 Morning Sickness Reduction
- 0.2 Reliefs Cramps
- 0.3 Breast Milk Increase
- 0.4 Healing of Infections
- 0.5 It helps to Treat Anemia
- 0.6 Aids Gastrointestinal
- 0.7 It is Packed With Vitamin
- 0.8 Lowers Blood Sugar
- 1 Three (3) Banana Flower Recipes that are Delicious
- 2 Blossom Fitters
- 3 Sauteed Banana Flower
- 4 Direction:
- 5 Salad Blossom Salad
- 6 Direction:
Morning Sickness Reduction
The main characteristic that is common during pregnancy is nausea and morning sickness. It is impossible to prevent it from occurring. This makes it difficult for you to start your day as every normal person would and the countless bathroom visitation is just another problem of its own.
Consuming a little bit of banana flower will help you soothe this uncomfortable the disorder.
Although pregnancy is a thing of joy, it can at times be comfortable for you. Intensification of your menstrual cramp will be experienced. The desire not to introduce new or foreign medicine into your system will make it difficult to treat. One natural way to solve this problem is to consume banana flower or banana. It is advised because it contains a large amount of potassium, asides that, banana contribute greatly to your body by allowing it to release higher levels or amounts of progesterone. This progesterone released is the substance that reduces heavy blood flow and relieves you from an pressure around your uterus.
Breast Milk Increase
For mothers that have chosen to breastfeed their babies, it can most times be difficult to meet the entire impositions of a famished newborn baby. Intake of banana flower will help to replicate your body making it a lot easier not only for you to produce breast milk but for the newborn to accept.
Healing of Infections
During pregnancy, it is a little bit risky for pregnant women to take prescriptions and also medicines bought on the counter. This is as a result of the hazardous effect it might have on the growing baby. If there is an Infection, it is best to be handled it now before it worsens. By limiting how fast or quickly bacteria can spread, banana flower can be used to heal infections in your body.
It helps to Treat Anemia
Anemia refers to a situation where the body does not get sufficient iron as required. To get to an average base or scope of iron intake daily, most people take supplements or other special diets. This condition can worsen during pregnancy, banana flower being rich in iron will provide you with sufficient amount of iron to level up the deficiency.
Not only is constipation uncomfortable, it is backed by mid and heavy sections. Intake of banana flower will definitely help you get the desired relief. Banana flower does not only help you with minor stomach related issues, it also helps to push out toxins from your body system. It contains large amounts of alkaline which in turn helps treat heart burns, gas and level of acidity found in the body system.
It is Packed With Vitamin
Babies need nutrients that will make them healthy and strong looking. Likewise mothers too, they also need proper nutrients to function well. To fight the vitamin deficiency in the body, intake of banana flower is advised. It is advised because it contains Vitamin B6 which in itself not only helps in the creation of blood cells but also the release of serotonin and the hormone that causes happiness. It also contains Vitamin C which is a natural anti-oxidant.
Lowers Blood Sugar
Gestational diabetes which is one of the common indications of pregnancy is a medical condition that makes pregnant women act like diabetic patients. As a result of this condition, there is a close and regular watch of the insulin and sugar balance. One common way to either maintain a balanced blood sugar level or reduce after there is an increase is to take the banana flower.
Three (3) Banana Flower Recipes that are Delicious
For those that are unsure of make and take the banana flower, this section of the article will outline a few prescriptions to try them with.
- Cleaned chopped banana blossom
- Half cup of pigeon peas
- Chopped onion
- Half cup of finely chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon of chopped ginger
- 1-2 cups of finely diced chilies
- Half tablespoon of salt
- One tablespoon of corlander.
- Soak chilies and pigeon peas for 3 hours before you begin the draining and washing exercise.
- Use half of the peas and chili to make something like a broad paste. You have to combine both the flower blossom and the paste in a food blender. For taste, add herb and salt.
- Add thin oil to a flat pan and heat. With 2 to about 2.5 inches, make patties from the mixture. Place the made patties on the flat pan and flip them after four minutes for each side.
- Place the patties on a paper towel and allow the oil to flow out.
- You can either decide to serve with Chutney or ketchup.
Sauteed Banana Flower
- One banana flower that is peeled.
- One teaspoon of turmeric
- Half and quarter spoon of mustard seed
- Half spoon of pigeon’s peas
- Half teaspoon of chickpeas
- One cup of finely chopped shallot
- Curry leaves
- Add the mustard seed to a pan and heat. Once the seed is popped, add the pigeon and chickpeas and continue frying until it is light brown.
- Now you have to add, your curry leaves, shallots, turmeric and banana flower. After that, stir properly before covering.
- Remove the pan from heat
- You can decide to add salt and also coconut to the ingredients in the pan.
Salad Blossom Salad
Some of the Ingredients include:
- 2 well cubed and cleaned banana blossoms
- One cut thin green onion
- One pound of cooked and peeled shrimps.
- Quarter cup of diverse nuts
- One teaspoon of lime juice
- Soak cubed banana blossom with one teaspoon of vinegar overnight. Allow the Shrimp to cook for about 11 to 15 minutes.
- Use either a blender or a processor to reduce the nuts to smaller pieces but let the texture be rough or coarse.
- You have to combine banana flowers, shrimps, and nuts.
- All you have to do now is to add to your bowl the lemon juice containing the other ingredients and fold them gently together. Let it cool for about 30 to 35 minutes before you add salt.
Author Bio: Katy Hill has worked with great doctors who have experience in dealing with the problems of pregnant ladies. To overcome such issues, she came up with the idea of creating best pregnancy body pillow. This Katy Hill`s product, gives comfort to mothers so that they can be comfortable all day and feel all the love and affection in their pregnancy.