Constipation is an embarrassing condition we always avoid talking in the office. It makes the sufferers feel miserable when their stools are hard and lumpy. Constipation symptoms will generally disappear within three or five days while other people may experience a long-term condition. Constipation will result in significant pain and discomfort. There are some effective solutions including natural home remedies and laxative, which can help you to treat constipation and find the significant relief. However, no treatment is better than prevention. If you want to know the effective ways on how to prevent constipation in children and adults, you should try these following tips in this article.
- Eating fiber-rich food is one of the natural ways on how to prevent constipation in children and adults. Fiber is divided into two types: soluble fiber and insoluble fiber. Soluble fiber will aid in nutrient absorption in your body while insoluble fiber helps the stools to pass through the intestines quickly. Fiber-rich foods, which can help to lower the risk of developing constipation, include cereals, whole-grain bread, and pasta.
- Drink 8 glasses of water per day to prevent dehydration which causes constipation. You should drink more than eight glasses of water if you have to exercise or the weather is hot. Moreover, stay away from alcohol, caffeine as well as frizzy drinks.
- Toilet habit is also an important way on how to prevent constipation. You should go to the toilet immediately if you feel the urge. Ignoring the urge to go to the toilet can increase the risk of developing constipation.
- Exercise is important if you want to keep constipation as well as other health ailments at bay. The more active you are, the less chance you have to develop constipation. It is recommended exercising at least 150 minutes per week. Regular exercise routine helps not only lower the risk of constipation but also make you healthy, improve your mood, and provide energy.
- Eating small meals will help the digestive system work effectively; as a result, it can prevent constipation caused by overeating. If you are prone to constipation, it is recommended eating three main meals with two small healthy snacks during the day. A healthy diet change will give you the significant relief. Moreover, you should avoid eating late. The possible reason may be that eating late may give troubles to digestion. At night, your body needs to sleep instead of digesting foods.
- Avoid eating cookies and chips because it can cause constipation in children. Other sources like cakes, crackers, and pastries also result in constipation condition. The possible reason may be that these top unhealthy foods are low in fiber and high in fat. If your children are hungry for snacks, you should let them eat fresh fruit as well as the higher-fiber dessert as the good healthy choices.
- Healthy fat can be utilized to lubricate your intestines. As the way on how to prevent constipation in children and adults, you should add one spoon of pastured butter, coconut oil, or sour cream in your daily meal.