Waist training is a fitness technique that helps you reach your desired body shape by wearing a corset around you to modify your waist into an hourglass shape. The corset helps the body to morph itself according to the shape of the corset. This takes about eight months to a year and a half depending on how much you weigh or what body shape you’re going for. To really speed up the process of body shaping and help you get the most out of it, here are some exercises that you can include in your fitness routine to get the most out of it:
- 1 Bicycle Crunches
- 2 How To Do Bicycle Crunches?
- 3 Dumbbell side bend
- 4 How to Do Dumbbell side bend?
- 5 Heel Touchers
- 6 How to do Hell Touchers
- 7 Oblique V Crunch
- 8 How To Do Oblique V Crunch
- 9 The Russian Twist
- 10 How To Do Russian Twists
- 11 Plank Hip Dips
- 12 How to do plank hip dips
- 13 Triangle Crunches
- 14 How to do triangle Crunches
- 15 Side Crunches
- 16 How to do side crunches
Bicycle crunches are excellent for your abs and oblique muscles. They keep the body moving and keep your abs engaged the whole time. This helps raises the heart rate and help you burn more calories.
How To Do Bicycle Crunches?
- Lie down flat on your floor or yoga mat. Your back should be pressed to the ground.
- Place your hands behind your head and lift yourself up just a little. Pull up your legs against your chest.
- Pull your shoulder blades up only instead of moving the neck too much.
- Now straighten your right leg up to the back at a 45-degree angle and on the other side move your left elbow to almost touching the right knee. Make sure you also move your rib cage and abs and now just your arms and elbows.
- Go back to the initial position and this time draw the left knee backward and move the right elbow forward to touch it.
- Complete 3 sets of 20 repetitions. You can decrease the repetitions to 10 if you’re a beginner with 30 sec gap between each repetition.
Dumbbell side bend
Dumbbells are short bars that have weights on either side that help add resistance to the exercise as you work out for it to be more effective. This workout can easily be done at homeBy adding dumbbells to the side bend exercise you help trip your internal and external oblique muscles.
How to Do Dumbbell side bend?
- Stand up straight on the floor or the yoga mat with your legs farther apart.
- Keep your hand at the back of your head or touching your ears as your right-hand hold the dumbbell. You can keep your free hand on your waist if you like
- With the dumbbell in your right hand and your back straight, bend to your right as far as you can while breathing in, hold the position and then come back up to the normal initial position and exhale.
- Repeat this ten to twenty times depending on how many repetitions you have to do and then switch arms
Heel touchers help strengthen and lighten the sides of your abs and give your waist that tightening effect that it needs for a perfect hourglass body.
How to do Hell Touchers
- Lie flat on the floor with your knees bent and your feet apart on the ground.
- Place your arms extended flat beside you.
- Now with your left arm, crunch over your waist and touch your left heel, hold it there and return to the normal position. Don’t forget to inhale and exhale properly while you do the exercise
- Now with the right arm do the same with your right heel. When both heels have been touched, you will count it as 1 repetition
- As a beginner start with 10-15 and slowly increases as you get better at them. You can also pair this workout with non-invasive fat reducing techniques or products such as cool sculpting, sauna belts, waist training corsets and more.
Oblique V Crunch
This is a tough exercise that engages your core, abs and oblique muscles and you really feel the burn in your muscles by the end of it. It also strengthens your back and improves your flexibility and balance.
How To Do Oblique V Crunch
- Lie on the floor on your side with your right hand on the floor straight and the left one behind your head.
- Bring your both legs up towards your torso and your back forward by supporting your body with your right hand.
- Lower back into the initial position. This counts as 1 repetition.
- If you’re a beginner try doing 10 repetitions on each side. Or five repetitions on each side.
The Russian Twist
The Russian twist is great for your back, posture, and stability. It engages your core, abs and lower back muscles to really give you a tightened waist with increased strength.
How To Do Russian Twists
- Lie down on the floor and place your feet either on the ground or lightly under something that will help give them the support and not move. You can even ask a partner to hold them. Bend your legs to their knees.
- Now pick your back up in such a position that creates a V between your chest and your bent legs.
- Extend your arms in front of you perpendicularly and clasp your hands.
- Start twisting your torso to the right side and hold it, return to the normal position, hold it again, twist to the left side, hold it and return to the normal position again. This concludes as one repetition.
- Do around 10-15 repetitions of Russian twists and increase as you get better.
Plank Hip Dips
This is a modified version of the elbow plank with an added extra rotation to really help you work on those abs, strengthen your core, and stop worrying about not being able to show off your beach body in the sexy swimsuits you so excitedly bought. And oh, it also helps your lower back and oblique muscles.
How to do plank hip dips
- Start by lying down in a low plank position where you support your body via your arms and elbows.
- Your body should be straight and your feet should be hip-width apart
- Rotate your body to the right side and lower your body slightly. Hold it and pull it back up to rotate to the middle.
- Repeat the process for the left side. This completes one repetition
- Do this for 12 repetitions and increase the number as you get better.
Triangle crunches help target abs and the upper thighs. They also help to strengthen the core and give your waist a smooth nicely cut hourglass shape.
How to do triangle Crunches
- Kneel your left knee on the floor as you extend your right leg.
- Place your left arm on the ground to lift yourself up and support the body. Place your right hand behind your head.
- Bring the elbow of the right hand forward as you bend your knee forward and upwards towards the elbow.
- Hold the position and slowly return to normal position. This counts as one repetition.
- Switch sides and repeat the process.
Side crunches focus more on the inner and outer oblique as well as the sides of the abdominal muscles. They help give your body the more defined edges you’ve always wanted, and if done right, they can really help you get rid of unwanted fat on the love handles area.
How to do side crunches
- Lie down on the floor with your knees bent and turn to your side. Your legs should be on top of each other
- Placing hand behind your head, bring your upper body forward for the crunch, hold the position for one second and bring it back down to a normal position.
- This counts as one repetition. When you have completed 10 reps of this, switch sides and repeat the process.
- Limit the crunches to 3 sets of 10 repetitions, once you’ve gotten the hang of it, you can increase the number.