The internet has indeed transformed the outlook to modern life. Today, the face of health care delivery system is changing for the best curtsy the involvement of telehealth in the administration of health care delivery. A lot of conveniences have been introduced into the system of obtaining health care thereby removing the bottlenecks to solid healthcare delivery system
What Is Telehealth?
One might want to ask, what is this concept of telehealth? This is the exploitation of digital technologies of things to effectively manage our health concerns. With your computer or any other internet enabled mobile device, you can easily access your health care needs from the cozy comforts of your home
When you are facing health challenges, you can easily use your mobile device to access the solutions that you will need to get back properly on your feet. Let us take, for instance, the case of someone suffering from diabetes; the following can easily be done through the effective use of telehealth:
You can use your mobile app to upload the necessary food logs as well as the medications and other necessary details in collaboration with a nurse online without physically interacting with the nurse.
- You can get the measure of the insulin that you will need through the app to sustain your health.
- You can make an order of all the testing supplies that you will need online.
- Watching a video of carbohydrate counting and having it downloaded on your device is another advantage that you can get from here.
- When it is time for your flu test, you will get notifications to that effect on your mobile device.
You can see from the example given above that telehealth has indeed come in to change the face of healthcare delivery for the best
The Goals Of Telehealth
- Distance is never a barrier. With an internet connection, those living in rural areas will get healthcare services delivered to them.
- People with limited time; limited mobility, will now get healthcare delivery given to them on a platter of a diamond. With a simple tab on their mobile device, they will be put through to the healthcare service provider without any hitch.
- It has opened the door to access very easily the specialist that you need to take care of your health needs. No more waiting for long hours to get to the consulting room; with a click on the mouse of your digital device, you will be put through.
- This is an excellent way of providing support for the aspect of self-management in healthcare.
From what we have seen in the definition and the case study of diabetes given above and following it up with the benefits, it can be clearly seen that telehealth has come in to save us from a lot of bottlenecks that goes with healthcare delivery system. Distance is no longer a barrier in as much as you are connected to the internet. This concept is indeed a revolution in the healthcare sector.