Technology and science advance and research brings out new findings constantly and health care is the foremost in every research because good health is worth all the wealth in the world. Health is obtained from what we eat and we are certainly are not in an era where we eat raw food. We eat food which is boiled, baked, roasted, sautéed, and, largely fried. Medical science has proven that the worst thing for the functioning of the body is accumulated fat. Fat is found mainly in the cooking medium and a little bit in the heavy calorie foods.
After much research for a healthy medium for cooking Rice bran oil was created.
- The rice we eat is grown, processed and polishedbefore we buy it. The outer layer of the grain or the branwhich used to be discardedwas found to have many healthy properties. Oil is extracted from the bran which also contains Oryzanol.
- Rice Bran Oil contains Good and healthy Fats: we hear of oils with PUFA and MUFA individually. Rice bran oil has an equal balance of both reducing the risk of cholesterol and triglycerides by lowering the fat content
- Easy on the Heart: With reduced formation of plaque in the blood vessels, there is an easy flow of blood reducing the pressure on the heart
- A High Smoke Point is very good in cooking oils. The smoke point indicates the temperature at which oil starts to burn & smoke. So the higher the smoke point, it preserves all the natural nutrients and does not convert harmful free radicals on deep frying also.
- Less Oily: some oils leave the hands greasy which means they are not easily absorbable. Which in turn makes it unhealthy Oryzanol is not greasy at all, easily absorbable and digestible
- High Vitamin E content: Vitamin E is the one of the more important vitamins because it directly affects hair and skin health.
- Weight Loss: The bane of the modern man is overweight. Every other person (irrespective of their age) is fighting the “battle of the Bulge” In a few percentages of cases, obesity is a clinical disease. But in most cases it is food induced. Rice bran oil, with its balanced PUFA & MUFA and fewer impurities is a very good option for not adding to body weight.
- Rice bran oil can be used for making baby food: Currently in India ghee or butter are the preferable means of cooking but rice bran is just as healthy.
- Ricebran oil is not only used for cooking but can be used raw like a salad dressing or tossing salads.
- Rice bran oil has no taste of its own which means foods made with rice bran oil do not lose or change their taste properties or flavor
Switching to rice bran oil is the best and most healthy option. It is easily available and economical. It is popular for its content of vitamin E, Oryzanol, ideal fatty acid balance, antioxidants and cholesterol-reducing ability.