When faced with the common issue of erectile dysfunction, it is important to make sure that you are aware of every side effect and restriction that comes along with it. To help you understand what Sildenafil tablets are and determine if they are right for you, we will be providing you with our simple guide to Sildenafil treatment for erectile dysfunction.
What Is Sildenafil?
Sildenafil tablets are a medication that is used as an effective treatment to combat erectile dysfunction. It is designed to increase the blood flow to the penis in order to help the patient to achieve an erection. This is a popular treatment for one in three men when they experience this issue and is proven to be effective in two-thirds of men that take this sildenafil treatment to deal with the issue.
Important Facts You Need To Know
In order for these tablets to work effectively, there are several important facts that you need to be aware of, these are as follows:
- Sildenafil and Viagra are the same medication; however, Sildenafil is the unbranded version.
- The tablets should be taken up to 4 hours before you want to have sex and can take between 30 to 60 minutes for them to work.
- Do not take this medication if you are also taking any form of nitrates as this can cause a fall in blood pressure.
- There are some common side effects from this medication such as headaches, dizziness and hot flushes, however, these are only temporary.
Who Should Not Take This Medication?
This medication should not be taken by anyone under the age of 18 and should not be taken if you have an allergy to any of the ingredients listed. It should also not be taken if you suffer from the following:
- If you are taking medication for chest pains (nitrates)
- If you have low blood pressure
- If you have heart and liver issues
- If you have had a stroke to a heart attack in the past.
If you are unsure as to whether or not this applies to you, it is best to ask a medical professional such as your doctor or a nurse at your local GP.
Where Can This Medication Be Purchased?
In the past, Sildenafil tablets used to only be available by a prescription from your local GP. However, with changes in distribution rules, these tablets can now be purchased without a prescription. These tablets can be purchased over the counter at your local pharmacy or they can be purchased online through a local pharmacy. It is important to remember however that the dosage of this medication needs to be correct for your body type, therefore speaking to an expert is recommended to ensure your getting the correct dosage.
With this in mind, there are several ways that you can get hold of this treatment should you need it, regardless of whether you have used the treatment in the past or not.